Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sunday Stealing

The 5000 Question Meme, Part Five 

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud 
Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme. 

The 5000 question meme has been tormenting bloggers for years. I have not found anyone that has completed it. I will post a continuance of what Bud started every now and then, Maybe in 10 years or so we can get it done. :) 


Today we ripped off a blogger named Leo from the blog Leonine's Journal. He was tackling a meme that his blogging site, Live Journal, hosts. It has 5,000 questions. He did a hundred. So, we will take it from there. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing! If you missed any part, and wish to catch up, Bud posted the first 100 here:




101. What does happiness/joy feel like physically?  I think true happiness makes you feel powerful... invincible... like you could fly.



102. List five things you love starting with the one you love the absolute most. I'm going to go with the "here and now" rather than something requiring me to ponder the reason for my being and such contemplative ideals.
A  Breathing out of both nostrils simultaneously (Because of this two-week cold/sinus infection/crap I seriously, haven't been able to...it's WAAAAY underrated).  If it's not stuffed, it's running non-stop.  I have no idea how someone my size can produce so much snot.  


B  Puffs Plus (with lotion) and Vicks! (see answer A above if you doubt me)  
C  Guacamole (I had some avocado with my salad, but it's just not the same)  It's SO not the same.  I need my guac fix pronto!
 

D  Trips away to recharge, refresh and be in the quiet... rocking chairs on a wooden porch... a tin roof in the rain... not a care in the world
 

E  Music... song du jour...



103. How many movies have you gone to see this year?  One.  In fact, I just went yesterday.  I saw a private screening of The Croods.  A DreamWorks animation about cavepeople.  It was cute.  Did I mention that it was in 3D.  Have I ever mentioned that I don't particularly care for movies in 3D?  Did I mention that I had to take Benji with me to this particular screening?  Have you ever tried to get a two-year-old to wear 3D glasses for over an hour while sitting STILL and being QUIET??  Do you want to talk about an ass whip?  THAT was a complete ass whip.  The movie was cute.  I tend to like children's movies almost more than any adult genres for the simple fact that nothing seems original in the world of grown-ups.  They're all sequels and remakes.  So, movies... 3D with a 2 year old.  Ass whip.  Would I do it again?  No.  (The movie, yes?  The taking of the two-year-old, HELL TO THE NO!)

104. If you could have 3 wishes...but none of them could be for yourself, what would you wish for?  I would wish for loving homes for the unwanted, abandoned and abused children and animals.  I would wish great harm and irreversible sickness on those that inflict harm upon children, animals and the elderly.  I would wish my children to learn the lessons of hard work and dedication.

105. In what ways do you relax and de-stress when you are really tense?  Getting in a good walk, run, jog, work-out or ... a big bag of chips with LOTS of guacamole!  

106. How much money would it take to get you to sell your blog address?  I'm not tied to this blog but it is mine.  I'm not for sale and thus neither is it.  Period.  ...but if someone were offering, I'd seriously think about it! 

107. Have you ever been hunting?  I'm a Texan!  Does a one-legged duck swim in a circle?  That being said, I'm not an ADVOCATE for hunting.  Personally, I abhor anyone that needs to kill things to feel powerful and worthy.  If you are going to hunt to say... feed your family....  I have no problem with that.  Sport hunting is, to me, pathetic.  

108. Have you attempted this 5000 question meme in the past?  Never.

109. What do you think of cloning?  I wish I had one...or four.

110. Do you read or watch TV more often?  Read.  I loathe the television.  People try to have conversations with me about episodes of shows I've never seen.... and I just wonder when the last time they actually engaged their mind... painted a scene with their imagination and drew up the schematics for how a developing plot will take shape... over a period of days rather than in a thirty minute time capsule.  Or people that see the movie WITHOUT reading the book -- GASP!  They are the stupidest people of all.

111. With all this talk of terrorism going around are you willing to sacrifice rights and freedoms for increased safety?  Yes, because if the government is really concerned with what I'm corresponding about on my phone or e-mail, they're bored.

112. What is the punishment you would come up with for Osama Bin Laden if you caught him alive?  The same punishment he received.... when he was found.  I do believe, however, that we owed him NO adherence to his faith in terms of burial or such.  I think that is a HUGE disservice to the American people.  


113. Have you ever named an individual part of your body?  No, they were already named when I was born.  Arm, liver, leg, spleen.... etc.  No room for creative enhancement.

114. Have you ever been on the radio or on TV?  Yes.  I was on PM Magazine when I was younger.  Local news a few times and on the Leeza Gibbons show.

115. Have you ever won a lottery, or sweepstakes?  No.  You have to play to win.  I would love to win some type of lottery, however, and give away all the money to help those that need it. THAT would be awesome.  

116. Have you ever won a contest or competition?  Yes.

117. Have you ever watched The Joy of Painting show with Bob Ross (check out this link if you don't know who he is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ross_(painter)?  Shamefully, yes... happy little trees.

118. Do you know what your grandparents and your great grand parents did for a living?  Yes.  My paternal grandfather was a truck driver.  At one point he owned two of his own rigs but when that was a wee bit stressful, he worked for Bekins and North American and also for the International Paper Company.  My paternal grandmother worked in a bakery at the grocery store.  She also was a packer for Bekins and North American.  She became a homemaker when her children (my dad and uncle) were small and then she owned her own ceramic business.  She worked hard!  

My maternal grandfather was in the military and ... that's all I know that he did.  My maternal grandmother had seven kids.  I'm going to assume she was at home with them but honestly, I don't know.  How sad.  I need to ask.

As far as great grandparents... not a clue.  

119. Is there anything really interesting in your family history?  of course.  I'm in it.  DUH

120. Is there anyone you trust completely?   I trust ME...and my gut...and instincts.  Hee hee... Yes.  ...with my life... all that I am... and every bit of my happiness.  

2 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

I loved Bob Ross and his happy accidents. :-)

Unknown said...

I love you answers and for a change, I think I need a clone too! lol