Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sunday Stealing



Sunday Stealing: The Two Memes in One Meme Meme - Happy Easter!

1: Who is your favorite Musical Artist from when you were a teenager?
When I was a teenager I liked hair bands of the 80s.... But -- SURPRISE -- I didn't have a favorite.  

2: Who is your favorite game show host?
I don't watch game shows, or much (if any) television for that matter.  I did, however, always like Richard Dawson on Family Feud when I was a kid.  He was SUCH an ugly little dwarf, but he was entertaining.  I always remember getting grossed out at how he kissed everyone.
Source:  People.com

3: Who is your Favorite Blog hosting service?  I don't have one.  Why is "Favorite Blog" capitalized?  The author keeps capitalizing random words, it's bugging me.  Grrrrr...

4: If you could meet anyone again from your childhood, who would it be?  I'm actually still in touch with most (if not all) of my best friends from childhood.  Thanks to the power of e-mail, text and cell phones!  Elaine, Shannon, Lori, Tamara, Kathryn, Michelle, Amy... the list goes on and on and on!  Love my friends!

5: Where did you want to live when you were growing up?  The moon.  I was going to be an astronaut and built a huge compound on the moon.  Unlike Ernie (below), who apparently had other ideas.

6: What is the most interesting piece of Trivia that you know?  WHY is Trivia capitalized? OH MY GARSH this is driving me to drink!!!  Interesting is up to the audience.  What I consider interesting would probably make my 8 year old roll his eyes.  This is too vague and ambiguous.

7: If you could live in any point of history when would it be and why?  I would love to live in the 50s in the doo wap music era...with big skirts, horned rimmed glasses, teased hair and awesome cars!  They have some of the (start of the) modern conveniences.

I also think it would be amazing to live in the days when men were workers and women homemakers.  Days when... you made from scratch... you sewed from scratch... you built from nothing... you farmed your land... when times were real... not superficial... sometimes downright hard.   

However, I would be the old spinster with no children because they didn't have epidurals and epidurals are my friend. No one gets a trophy for having a baby without one.

8: What is the most interesting job you have ever had?  I worked at the Communications Office at a sheriff's office as a 911 call-center (police/fire/ambulatory dispatch center) supervisor.

9. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don't care, just share.  I remember going to Mid Cities skating rink.  RJ Reneau was there.  He liked me.  Stacey Bennett was there.  She liked him.  So, because he liked ME, she hated ME.  She wanted to fight ME.  Because, you know, attempting to kick MY ass would just automatically make HIM like HER.  Does anyone see how absolutely asinine that is?  THIS is why girls are stupid.  Oh, yeah, and she's still a bitch today, too.  Some things don't change.


10. What's your favorite Beatles song?  I'm not a big fan of the Beatles... but I do like a few songs.  With A Little Help From My Friends... because I do.  

11. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be?  Flannel pajamas.... Wait, IS that even an outfit?  Who cares.  It's MY blog...yes it is!  

12. Would you rather host a party or be a guest?  Host.  I'm freakin Martha beyotches!!!!  

13. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that?  No, I don't.  There will always be people that want, crave and need the physical book...the pages to turn... the ink to smell... they need that comfort.  
Source:  Couponcodes

14. Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing?  Yes.  I have actually taken multiple tests to determine my reading style and I'm dead center of everything.  Of the four primary documented styles of learning... I'm right in the middle.  It's a blessing and a curse but I can read and learn.... I can listen and learn... I can see and learn...  I can do and learn... I can hypothesize and learn.  I'm an odd duck.  My learning style -- is simply *however* I have to learn... TO simply learn. 

15. If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?)  I have so many little pet peeves about other people that I'd probably be the WORST person to ask this question.  However, since you did ask... I'd say kiss of death -- smoker.  I can't STAND smoking.  It makes EVERYTHING stink -- your hair, your fingers, your clothes, your breath, your home, your car.. the ashes going everywhere... it's disgusting!

16. Snacks. Salty or sweet?  Yes.  I usually have no preference...if I want a snack, I want a snack.  Period!

17. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn't realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there? I'm sitting on a stuffed Boston terrier.  I thought it was my dog behind me in the chair.  It's not.  It usually is.... 
boston terrier stuffed animal
Source

18. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?  I HATE PICKING FAVORITES!  I like Interview With A Vampire, A Few Good Men, Jerry Maguire, The Firm and Far and Away.  I have no interest in SEEING modern day Tom Cruise films knowing what a whack job he is with the whole Scientology thing.  Really turns me off.  That and the whole Oprah couch thing...

And, while I'm on a Cruise rant...I wish they'd let the whole Mission Impossible thing DIE ALREADY.  If it were IMPOSSIBLE you wouldn't keep coming out with MORE F*CKING MOVIES!  Maybe you should call it "Mission ALMOST Impossible" or "Mission-We'll-Create-A-Sequel-For-Anything-That-Sells".  

19. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don't like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle?  Use it on the dogs... or give it to the kids... I have no problem trashing something I don't like.  Sometimes, however, dogs need their crazy locks tamed, too.  See?  Don't you think that mop needs some Pantene?
A.aaa-rasta-dog_large

20. Your favorite spring comfort food? (Last week it was beverage.)  I don't have one.  I know... I know... I'm boring!  

2 comments:

zippiknits...sometimes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cristy S said...

I love this!! Here are my takes on your questions and answers.

1. I love big hair bands too. Couple weeks ago, took my daughter to see Bon Jovi
2. Loved me some Pat Sajak back in the day
3. I can't stand when people don't Capitalize Properly (haha)
4. I still have my BFFs too
5. I wanted to live in a tree house
6. I have a lot of useless knowledge in my head
7. I love the swankiness (is that a word?) of the 20's.
8. My first job was at a car wash. I dried cars.
9. Love this story...girls are stupid!
10. Ehh, I am with you.
11. I love my flannel pj's
12. I love to host!
13. I love the feel and smell of pages in a book
14. I have also been tested and learning style is equal.
15. smoking...yuck
16. me either
17. replace boston terrier with pug, and that is what is snoring beside me.
18. Not a Tom Cuise fan...he's weird
19. hahaha love the dog!
20. Is there such a thing as spring comfort food? Maybe strawberry shortcake?? or Peeps?