Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

31 Day Blog Challenge - Day 17

31-day-blog-challenge-march-2013-ad

Day 17 - Why and When Did You Start Blogging?

I have been keeping some sort of electronic journal (blog, before blogging was cool) going at all times since I had access to a computer.  You see, I type SO MUCH faster than I write that it's easier for me to organize a thought pattern and edit a stream-of-consciousness than try to do it old school.  

I enjoy scrapbooking and so for me, a blog was a way to share my creations and also easily record daily happenings, significant moments in my life, or perhaps just the events of the day that I didn't want to forget ... they may either include (or not) photographs.  However, I like having the raw journaling to go on my pages that would accompany any photos I take.  

I've let my life get a little too busy lately and have neglected my picture taking.  (bad mommy!)  I've recently (as in last week) started trying to document life again.  

If you wanted to see how long it's been... I suppose you could look at the year on the right and see how long this has been here... that should be a pretty good indication. No?

6 comments:

Tiffany: Diva Locks said...

I like to scrapbook too although I don't think I'm very good at it lol.

Laura said...

2004! Wow! Way to go!

ramsaygrace said...

I was "blogging" before it was cool too, except mine was with a pencil and paper....and a LOCKED notebook, lol {old school}. Isn't it amazzing that we used to lock our diaries, and now {essentially} we share them online {with the world}? lol Have a great Sunday!

benbidder said...

So much easier to type for me, than scrapbook. I mean, my mom back in the day, owned a scrapbook store and I STILL didn't do it, lol.

Cristy S said...

I had great ambitions for scrapbooking. I got my daughter's first 4 months in an album, after that...just a bunch of pictures, paper, and grand ideas. I wish I would have started blogging sooner. Your blog is wonderful.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I so need to get back into scrapbooking. I do use the blog to help document life lol