Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Saturday 9 - I Don't Want To Wait




Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: I Don't Want to Wait

1) Are you impatient?  It depends on what I'm doing... where I am... who is with me... I'm extremely impatient with incompetence.  I'm extremely impatience with stupidity.  However, I have sat down for thirty minutes with my child when he was trying to learn to tie his shoes... even though I could have done it in three minutes... we sat there and let him do it so that he could be proud that HE did that HIMSELF.  

I bake.  One MUST be patient to bake.

I create.  Works of beauty and art take time.  I can walk away and let media dry.  No problem.

I kind of live by the mentality that Rome wasn't built in a day and so when it comes time to be patient for something I TRULY want... I may bitch, whine and complain... but I am the most patient person on the planet.



2) Do you believe some people have a gift for predicting the future?  No.  I believe situations such as that are purely coincidental.  



3) The microwave is a great invention for those who "don't want to wait." What was the last thing you prepared in yours?  Prepared?  I don't "cook" in the microwave.  I just reheat.  I reheated half a burrito and ate it for lunch.  



4) This was the theme of the TV show Dawson's Creek. Michelle Williams, a costar on the show, went on to earn multiple Oscar nominations. Name another performer who started out on TV and then became a movie star.  Jennifer Aniston was on Friends and then went everywhere.  Adam Sandler started on SNL and now is a movie dude.  

5) What's the last bit of advice you received?  "Be careful."  My mom as I drove away from her house.

6) What's the last advice you gave?  I suggest you pick that up now or I'm going bust your butt.  (To Benji... and he didn't heed... so I marched to the kitchen to retrieve the wooden spoon.  He picked it up, put it up and ran up the stairs to his room.)

7) Easter is considered the season of rebirth. What leaves you feeling refreshed or rejuvenated?  Time away alone.  I need that now a LOT.  I need no dishes, no laundry, no taxi service, no tv, no phone, no cooking, no cleaning, no NOTHING. I want to be in a tiny cabin alone for a weekend... well, with my dog, Lola, because she gets rather depressed when I leave because she's quite co-dependent.

8) Easter is also recognized as the start of the spring season. What are you looking forward to this spring?  Being able to go for jogs outside without the cold air burning my lungs.  If it's below 45 degrees, this woman isn't going.  I hate the feeling of my lungs burning. I hate my nose running.  I hate my lips and cheeks getting chapped.  It's JUST not worth it to me.  I have to ENJOY exercise in order to do it... that, I do NOT enjoy.

9) Which would you rather find in your Easter basket: yellow marshmallow chicks (aka Peeps) or a chocolate bunny?  ... a chocolate-covered marshmallow bunny!  :) 




3 comments:

I am Harriet said...

I hear ya on stupidity. There is a lot of it out there.

The Gal Herself said...

I'm so happy to see your response about being alone. I need my alone time. When I go off by myself, my mom always used to feel sorry. I never could get her to understand that it was a perfectly natural, happy time for me.

Kwizgiver said...

Great answer for the patience question! It does depend on what I'm doing. Or if the person is incompetent.