Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Five Question Friday

It's time for Five Question Friday over at My Little Life.  One of my favorite little spots on the web.  



1. Does your family coordinate clothing for church on holidays like Easter?  I'm lucky to get my 13 year old out of basketball shorts....so the idea of trying to coordinate ANYTHING with him would be a complete exercise in lunacy.  Maybe we should follow this family's lead and just go all matchy-matchy at the next function?!

2. How do you get out of a funk?  Kill it at the gym.  Bend a caring ear.  Get away for some quiet time.  Eat a vanilla thumb-print cookie.  


3. Online friends - real friendships or not?  
I believe that a TRUE "friendship" can only be defined by the parties IN said friendship. As an outsider looking in, it may seem superficial and inconsequential.  However, to the parties involved in that friendship, it's very real.  

I'm a member of a hidden private group on Facebook consisting of women on a journey of fitness, health and clean-eating.  I have befriended many of these women outside of this group and YES I would genuinely consider them REAL bonafide true blue friends.  Do we go out and shop together and meet for coffee and/or dinner?  No...but you know what?  I don't have time to do that with anyone else EITHER!  

So, can you truly cultivate friendships with those whom you are completely unable to  personalize a friendship with?  I suppose it depends on what "personalize" means to you.  

A friend is someone to whom you can turn and frankly, sometimes it could very well be another person in cyberspace whose countenance you may have never personally graced but has just as much care about your inner well-being as they do their own.  

A friend... is a friend.  I don't believe they can be defined any other way.

4. What is the one food you must eat in a restaurant (not make yourself)?  Seafood.  I'm grossly terrified of under cooking my fish and then dying of some parasite or worse, anisakiasis!!!  GROSS!

5. What would happen in your home if you ran out of ketchup?  I would add it to the shopping list and buy some in the next day or so.  I have a two-year old so it's actually a food group, you see.  We never run out, however.  

1 comment:

Grace said...

That quote about friends really hit home. Gonna do a painting using that quote and hang it in my studio right in front of my workable to remind me that some people just don't belong in "my front row" and that's ok.

I'm glad I wondered a bit more on your site and came upon it....it's been a hard few months recently to learn that exact lesson.