Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

31 Day Blog Challenge - Day 2

31-day-blog-challenge-march-2013-ad


Favorite quotes
Today's "assignment" actually proves quite difficult because I break out certain quotes at certain times but none that I ever would consider my "favorite" because .... well, they all seem to be dependent upon certain circumstances and situations whether to soothe and comfort or encourage.

I am and die-hard and forever Seinfeld fan and will always pull out a "NO SOUP FOR YOU" response in a given situation... Equally wonderful are:

"Look to the cookie, Elaine."
"George likes his chicken spicy."
"I'm out!"  (Kramer, in response to their "master of your domain" challenge.)

"Yadda, yadda, yadda."
"Worlds are colliding, Jerry!" 
"Serenity now!"
... among others.

I frequently break out Ghandi's "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Or, "This, too, shall pass."

...and as the mother of three boys, "Can't we all just get along."

One I love is from the brilliant Aristotle, "We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."

One of my favorite instructors used to say, "Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there."  But I don't know to whom that quote belongs.  I suppose I could look it up.
Sometimes David Allen's "You can do anything, but not everything."

I could totally break out a gazillion Einstein quotes because I love him and quote him daily.    "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."  

One of Thoreau's that I love, "Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life. Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something."

I think we have all used Alexander Pope's "To err is human, to forgive divine."

"Be good and you will be lonesome," Mark Twain.  

I could break out Freud, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Ben Franklin, Abe Lincoln... there are little gold nuggets all through literature, science and life... knowing when to break them out is key.

No comments: