Saturday 9: It's a Sunshine Day
1) The best known Brady Bunch song is, of course, the show's theme. Do you know the lyrics? Unfortunately, yes. And now, thanks to you, it will be stuck in my head...
Here's the story... of a lovely lady.
Who was busy with three very lovely girls...
All of them had hair of gold... like their mother.
The youngest one in curls.
2) The Brady's were a blended family. Do you have stepparents, stepchildren or stepsibs? Yes and no. I HAD step parents but both of my parents divorced again and never remarried. It was rather an odd situation on both accounts. My mother and my step-father were married for many years. I am thinking from about the time I went to second grade until I was in my twenties so for him to just completely choose to drop out of our lives was... odd. I tried to stay in touch but he obviously didn't want that so I just let it be. I was never close with my step-mother for many reasons but I loved my step-sister as if she and I were best friends. As such, I still claim my step-siblings (she had a brother, too) as family. I don't believe "law" makes you family anymore than being a blood-relative gives you reason to be friendly with someone. Obligatory relationships drain me... so I don't have them. Blended families are fine -- just explaining them is a nightmare.
3) Samantha admits that, when she was 12, she taped Greg Brady's photo over her bed. Before you judge her too harshly, come clean yourself. Did you have a major pre-teen crush? Who was it? Rick Springfield. Sean Cassidy. Donny Osmand. Leif Garret. After a while everyone (other than Rick) was replaced with Cinderella, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue and other equally hot sexy men in tight leather pants.
4) Which TV character do you wish lived next door? Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs... because then have a reason to wash my car topless while he mowed his yard. Oh wait, he's not a character...he's just him. Well, then I don't know because I don't watch TV. Mickey Mouse? Wouldn't THAT be fun!
5) It's a sunshine day! Describe your sunglasses. The darker the better. Nothing trendy. I hate the "bug eye" Sleestak look. Mine are a pair of Kenneth Cole shades that I've had for about 8 years. My kids have broken all the rest of mine.
6) You're on a 90-minute flight. How will you spend the time? Do you read a book? A magazine? Look out the window? Take a nap? Hopefully talk to someone next to me because who wants to travel alone? Not I. Otherwise, I'll read. I hate, however, having people next to me nod off and snore... or have their heads fall forward or worse... fall on me.
7) Do you have a favorite brand of toothpaste? Crest. Plain white paste.
8) How many keys are on your key ring? One...but it's not a key.... just a keyfob thingy. I do have a keyring, however. I don't know what any of they keys are for other than the key to the front door.
9) What do you miss about summertime? My long morning workouts... I didn't have to deal with being home at a certain time in order for breakfast being made and kids being transported. It was the best me time... work outs... getting a sweat on... cardio... trails... you name it. Summer workouts ROCK!